Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Metra dash kit for 2012 focus
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #90
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
I am in process of shopping for a new head unit for my F350, and am looking hard at the Kenwood Excelon DNX6990HD ... it says it is compatible with 2012 MyFord, including voice commands, steering wheel, etc. (with optional compatibility kit). I'm thinking of this unit for the SE Hatch (not the Titanium Sedan, it's got MFT)...
Has anyone done this?

EDIT: It would be very cool if this was a good fit for the 13 SE Hatch, because the wife would not have to learn a new radio for the truck... big bonus for me, teaching her not 2 new interfaces, but just 1...
I had a kenwood dnx9990 in my 11 fusion which is the same as the 6990 just with a bigger screen. The unit is light years better than the earlier models. The processor is faster so switching screens is a lot faster and smoother. If you have an ipod that you listen too get the add on ipod cable for the kenwood HU's its about 30 bucks. You won't regret it, you can scroll thru and find music faster on the touchscreen than you can on the clickwheel on the ipod. If you have sync in the truck and would like to keep it look into the idatalink maestro unit, it is by far the best solution available to keep sync with an aftermarket HU, and its cheaper than the other setup out there. Also the maestro is designed to work with the 2012 model kenwoods (the 6990 is a 2012 model) thru a special serial cable that plugs right into the back of the kenwood.

http://maestro.idatalink.com/

The 6990 and 9990 will fit in the MK3 with the metra dash kit, you just have to use the metra harnesses, the maestro does work with the MK3's yet.
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37