Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - "How To" SVT & Zetec Power Steering Pump & Line Replacement
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
ALLTOOEZ
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108977
What I Drive: 2002 SVT FOCUS , SONIC BLUE

FF Reputation: 1 ALLTOOEZ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I found two options. First, you can order from the Ford dealer. They want $6.00 for one and $10.00 for the other. I was shocked that I would end up paying almost $20.00 with tax for two tiny orings. I know its not alot of money but its the principal of it. Thats just absurd!! The second option was to take off the two orings, and bring them to Napa auto parts. They had two large containers of orings .One was sae the other metric. I found two that were very close in size, ever so slightly larger than the stock ones. I did not record the sizes unfortunately. Removal is a pain but doable. I removed the dogbone mount for clearance. after puling the single bolt out of the mounting plate the lines pull right out. I made a small hook out of a large needle so i could remove the stock orings without tearing them. that way i could try to match them up better. Install is easier and just the reverse of removal. Leak fixed :) hope that helps.