Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Lakewood Traction Bar
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #15
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 10,443, Level 67
Points: 10,443, Level: 67 Points: 10,443, Level: 67 Points: 10,443, Level: 67
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 59 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peCuroreton View Post
Hello everyone,
When a rear leaf spring equipped vehicle launches off the line, the torque of the rear axle tries to torque the front leaf spring mount upward and the rear leaf spring mount downward. As this happens, the leaf spring takes on a slight S-shape. This causes wheel hop and loss of traction. Pinion yoke to driveshaft angle will also change under launch and can cause driveline problems. Traction bars eliminate wheel hop and driveline angle problems during launch. Traction bars, or lift bars, are available for coil spring vehicles too. While coil spring lift bars work in a different way than leaf spring traction bars, you still get added traction by moving more vehicle weight onto the rear tires. >>> By moving the front axle 10'' forward & the rear axle 14'' forward. Use a straight axle on the front w/ either leafs or coils, I like leafs better & jack up the car 2' in the front. This sounds like my 1st car= '55 chev straight axle drag car w/ a 301 in it. Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lakewood traction bar http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...0597_400684_0_
Locksmith Lakewood
Ok, = I've used ladder bars back in the day. Don't forget 'bout torque arms also.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131