Old 04-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #5
BlueJay42
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111833
What I Drive: 2012 Kona blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 BlueJay42 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Well I do tend not to move with the crowd! LOL
The recent trend toward solid black wheels or even the matte finish type leaves me dry.

I actually prefer chrome but I think those would look overly flashy on this car. The stainless exhaust tips and a bright trim strip that runs down the body under the windows I think calls for a similar aluminum finish wheels. The first Focus I looked at was a black Titanium that had the black wheels with the machine spoke face, and I liked the look of those. I could get this same VM1 wheel in chrome but I like the black accent on this one better to tone it down just a touch.

In truth, if the stock wheels I have on the car had a half-inch polished lip on the front I would consider keeping them, but I honestly do hate cleaning in between all those spokes! LOL Probably another reason I like the basic five-spoke design or the split five-spoke as on the VM1.

I'm really not planning much else in the way of exterior mods, except the slim possibility of the classic Ford dual white deck stripes...but still on the fence where those are concerned.
- Jeremy Clarkson

Last edited by BlueJay42; 04-08-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: missed word