Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Dried Fish Eyed Paint on my SVT
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #5
dodgeguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85952
What I Drive: 2009 black SES

FF Reputation: 1 dodgeguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyboy View Post
Welcome to the forum

Personally I'd worry about the important maintenance issues that the SVT requires like t-belt for instance before worrying about the paint. I saw thread the other day where someones idler pulley failed. The SVT is a interference motor so it will bend the valves and possibly the pistons or cylinder walls which depending on which event could determine the cost. Check the valve cover gasket for leaks, which tend to make the thermostat housing leak. New spark plugs, wires, fuel filter, and maybe the air filter which I would go K&N with the stock setup. Also why was it repainted? Was it in a wreck? Get the important things out the way to ensure that you have a reliable SVT before you have a pretty one. That's what I'm doing with mine.
Even though body work comes easier for me than mechanic work does - I second this idea. It doesn't matter how good or bad your paint looks if your car is stuck in the garage because it doesn't run.