Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Stroker Crank / Kit Co-Op?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #30
sdaddy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105173
What I Drive: Green 2002 Birkin w/2L Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 sdaddy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinSays View Post
Dammit, you had me scratching my head with your reference to post #5...haha.
You meant post #9, I believe.

1) Correct.
2) 7700RPM might be a bit of a stretch, since the performance up that high would depend on cams; even the SVT cams start to taper at ~6500RPM, and tuning can only do so much.
3) More or less; see above.
4) The 2.3L build - assuming the parts listed in post #23, as you more or less described - would be a 15% increase in displacement. If you optimize the ports and cam to make best use of this, I would think you could see most if not all of that 15%. Otherwise I would agree that 10% is a safe estimate.
5) If memory serves, Tom's assembled 2L long block runs in the vicinity of $3600. So if you figure that plus $3700 for the stroker kit, less any redundant parts (pistons, rods, bearings, main studs, etc.)...you could probably figure a ballpark estimate, but I'd prefer to wait til we hear from Tom himself, whom I haven't contacted yet.
Yeah, I've been slacking a little, lol.
You're right... sorry. Time to put on my old-folks glasses. Any news on the actual cost of the 2.3 kit, what's included and what's not?

Last edited by sdaddy; 04-03-2013 at 08:40 PM.