Here are the options I'm seeing for bottom end. Do they sound correct??
1) Stock - cost: nothing - advantage: nothing
2) 2.0L parts as noted in post #9 ~$1,800 + assembly - advantage: smoother and spin to about 7,700 RPM (~5% more HP on top with right top end)
3) 2.0L assembled short block with parts from above ~$2,200 - advantage: as above plus "plug and play"
4) 2.3L parts as noted in post #9 plus forged crank ~$3,700 - advantage: same as point 2 but (guessing here) ~10% bump in HP and Torque
5) 2.3L assembled short block ~$4,000(?) - advantage: same as point 4 but "plug and play"
Are people thinking the same? And, to Tom's question, are there three people (me probably being one and DarwinSays being another) that would spring for option 4 or 5??
Weight: 1200 lbs ...and planning to add more lightness.
Last edited by sdaddy; 04-02-2013 at 10:09 PM.