Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Heard my first rattle after a year and a half.
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawktwoe View Post
Had the car since November 2011. It started rattling in the left front around the dash or a-pillar...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus805 View Post
I have the exact same rattle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefocus View Post
I have a rattle in the slider that covers the sunroof. I think one of the clips holding the headliner in place might be loose, but I haven't really poked around up there yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave75 View Post
I've noticed that my car has a rattle/vibration coming from the engine area towards the passenger side of the car. It's more of a loud vibrating sound that's only there when I start the car up, especially in the morning and when the car is stopped at a light shortly after I get going...
Hi everyone,

A great first step is getting your concern documented and inspected at your dealership. Additionally, I can assist by getting your case into the hands of your regional customer service managers. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll take care of the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektrum2 View Post
Ok mines a 2012 and I have a grinding vibration on start up and a short distance of driving.As it turns out its the Advance Trac Page 268 2012 (manual) Quote
"When Advance Trac performs a normal system self-check,some drivers may notice a slight movement of the brake,and/or a rumble/grunting,or grinding noise after startup and when driving off."

It sounds horrendous and was about to go to see about it untill I read that,its identical everytime so thats consistant with a self check routine.Anyway that might be what your hearing as well.
Thanks for the great suggestion, spektrum2!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply