Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - FSWerks Cool-Flo Intake Installation Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #89
TMDJ5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107386
What I Drive: 2011 Black Ford Focus SE 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 TMDJ5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSiR View Post
Well, last saturday it was finally nice enough outside to be able to install the FSWERKS intake on my 2009 Focus SE.

I experienced every single problem the OP did.

1- Intake rubber coupling too big for the throttlebody.

2- Couldn't screw the intake rubber mount properly. The whole is too small.

3- MAF sensor wire too short to connect.

4- Hose coming from the valve cover too short (2-3 inches) to connect to the intake.

5- The one at the bottom also is too short and doesn't look like it would fit anyway. So I guess I'm suppose to use the rubber cover. But what do I do with the 2nd hose then?

I'm confused. I mean, I installed entire turbo kits that where easier then that.

The instructions were useless because the pictures and instruction didn't fit my car at all.

I reinstalled the stock airbox and gave up after an hour of going nowhere.
My Focus is an '11, so I think theres a few differences so i'll try to help where I can. For #3, I just used a pair of dikes and cut the white christmas tree clips that secures the wiring harness so the body. Just cut those plastic clips to give you a little more slack.

For #4, you probably never removed the plastic connector off of the stock intake. That was a mistake I made. It came up short until I realized I forgot that piece. You'll need that.

#5, Assuming youre referring to the elbow hose for the vacuum booster, the hose that goes on the underside of the intake, I seated the rubber seal in first and then put some lube around the the top of the hose and gently slid it in. If you dont lube it, the rubber seel will keep popping up into the intake and sliding all the way down into the filter. I learned that the hard way.