Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Pikes Peak Hill Climb, added to Bucket List
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
BenSlocum
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108927
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black 5 door SE

FF Reputation: 1 BenSlocum Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
I have read through the rules and regulations but I am still a little confused on what I might need. I have determined that I would NOT be in the Open class rather the Time Trial.

Sounds like I need a full roll cage and the specifications are very clear on that. Need to have padding. I was going to eventually get that once I turn my car into a track only car.

But do I need a new steering wheel? sounds like it needs to be a removable kind. Also sounds like I need to have an external battery kill switch. Need to have a full fire suit. Do I need a full vehicle fire suppression system? the rules make it sound kind of like it does.

Looks like I need a full 5 point harness and the rules are clear on that down to how old the belt can be.

the spoiler rule is clear.

Do I need a toe strap on the throttle also? it is just not completely clear what all is required for the other classes vs the time trial class.

Guess its mostly on the safety. Do I need a non factory steering wheel (non -airbag race wheel?) and do I need a engine bay and passenger compartment fire suppression?
Disclaimer- most of my experience is with desert and rally, I have never run Pikes Peak.

They, to the best of my knowledge, have rule reciprocity with other series. If your car fits the rules for a series they accept, then it's good to go. With Rally America and NASA you don't need plumbed in fire suppression or a removable steering wheel.

Rules are always confusing, and the best way to sort it is simply to go to the series website and find contact info for a tech director or scrutineer. Email them directly and they'll be the best to answer what you need.