View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I have read through the rules and regulations but I am still a little confused on what I might need. I have determined that I would NOT be in the Open class rather the Time Trial.

Sounds like I need a full roll cage and the specifications are very clear on that. Need to have padding. I was going to eventually get that once I turn my car into a track only car.

But do I need a new steering wheel? sounds like it needs to be a removable kind. Also sounds like I need to have an external battery kill switch. Need to have a full fire suit. Do I need a full vehicle fire suppression system? the rules make it sound kind of like it does.

Looks like I need a full 5 point harness and the rules are clear on that down to how old the belt can be.

the spoiler rule is clear.

Do I need a toe strap on the throttle also? it is just not completely clear what all is required for the other classes vs the time trial class.

Guess its mostly on the safety. Do I need a non factory steering wheel (non -airbag race wheel?) and do I need a engine bay and passenger compartment fire suppression?
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)