Old 04-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Pikes Peak Hill Climb, added to Bucket List

I am doing my focus build and coming to the long finish stretch. I will like to have it done in the next year. Upon my sadness of not having it done this summer I was on Netflix looking at what auto motive shows they may have. This is when I was introduced to Pikes Peak. Being In Utah its not that "far" of a drive to Colorado. I am interested in adding this to my bucket list and doing it in the next 5-6 years.

Does any one know what will need to be upgraded on my focus to enjoy this type of event. I understand I wont have any 800 BHP rally car and be under 10 min... or 15 min...

My car when done being built will be around 350 HP. I will have upgraded SVT brakes front and rear. I am guessing I will need to address my cooling system, but have not seen much "performance" radiators.

I am guessing I may actually benefit from having a wing on this kind of race or while a standard tactful looking spoiler/wing work well enough for the speeds. With the track all paved now I am guessing that a spoiler is not as needed with no dirt left.

Has anyone taken their Focus to Pikes Peak to do a fun Time Attack or Open Class.

This is out in the future but trying to get an idea on what a "stock" type of car should expect.

Thanks!!

Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)