Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Post your MK3 Ford Focus (2012-Present) Pics!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #2326
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
... I think you mean quarters since you've listed "three halfs". ...
Nope. Just my lame attempt at humor through exaggeration. When you drive down the street and look out your window, half the cars you see are likely to be one of those three colors, just not all at the same time. I knew someone would take that literally. (You must be an engineer.)

Quote:
... I prefer the medium light stone for not heating up as much in the summer vs the black interior.
Especially if the black interior is leather. I am so P.O.'d at Ford over eliminating the 2012 SE Sport Package for 2013 and requiring black leather to get an SE sedan with rear disc brakes, fog lights, and the trunk lid spoiler. I wouldn't mind black cloth, but would rather not have to get it with leather in any color. I'm still considering the possibility that I could be happy with a base SE, but at a minimum I'd really have to find a set of wheels like yours (for less than Ford charges for them separately). I doubt I could get Ford to build a base SE with them from the factory. (Not to mention the issue with not being able to use the factory switch if I add fog lights.) Were they hard to find?

Quote:
... given the parts that I have for my next unique project ... I have got to find a paint shop though, and that's been proving slightly difficult over the holiday weekend. I'm not looking forward to going into work tomorrow as I want to kick the project into gear, but I'll have to see what I can do. ...
You seem to be having fun keeping the rest of us in suspense about the mystery project. Since I had not seen them before now, I thought maybe it was the black wheels. Now it seems there's more to come. If I had a vote, it would be for an ST spoiler painted the same color as the car. And maybe the bottom panels painted to match, like theshrewz did with his silver hatchback. I'll bet no one has ever seen that in Frosted Glass. These projects have a way of growing, though: doing all that could lead to an irresistable urge to bump the wheels & tires up to 18", too. (I've been "clean and sober" on doing car mods for over 20 years now, but it will be hard to not fall off that wagon if I buy a new Focus like I want.)