Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Sluggish when cold.
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowesmobile View Post
What vacuum lines are operating when its cold, but not hot? Because the brakes feel stiff at the same time this happens.
Um.. you only have one vac line controlled by a solenoid, and that's the purge line from the EVAP system. All vacuum lines should be operating all the time. Have you inspected the lines?

Do not be afraid, there are not many- like 4-5. Follow the VECI diagram under the hood. You might also have a problem with your check valve on the power brake booster or the booster itself.

I'd check the usual vacuum issue suspect: the PCV vacuum line. Of course it's important to check all of the lines for damage, but this one is the one that seems to cause the most problems.

Also, an engine that is running on like 2 cyls will have a hard brake pedal because it isn't producing vacuum like a normal engine, so that issue could be another symptom of your engine issue instead of a cause.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.