Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2015 - Is an RS Focus in your future?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #143
Focus YBTC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97107
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Focus YBTC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
I'll re-quote this as too many people throw out prices based on other countries prices. Which aren't even or fair. Exchange rates and comparing prices of things like the ST here and the UK give a better idea of what it will cost.

The last Focus RS sold for 24k in pritish pounds. Using the echange rate that would be $37890... But here is the catch. The ST there costs $34752, and ours costs $24450. So...

Our ST costs about 70% of what their ST costs. (24450/34752 = .703)

Using that as a base, the last RS would have cost $26636 as a base. (Remember the last RS was significantly cheaper than the new one will be, as the MK2 ST was cheaper too.)

As I stated before low 30s isn't out of the question based on the above math I don't think.
It would need to be assembled here in North America (which includes Canada and Mexico) to be reasonable in price and most likely at the Wayne MI plant which already assembles all Focuses. So you're basically talking about taking a Focus ST and deleting the old front suspension, non-LS differential and 2.0 liter 250 hp engine on the ST and adding the Revo Knuckle suspension, mechanical (hopefully) LS differential and 2.3 liter 300+ hp engine? If the brakes, wheels, tires or more are upgraded over the ST it could be more added to the window sticker but it would be nice to keep as many common parts with the ST as possible to keep costs down.

Here's some recent articles on the hopefully coming to America Focus RS.

https://wot.motortrend.com/spied-for...rs-349157.html

https://wot.motortrend.com/we-hear-f...#axzz2Osh6BwMn