Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How do you like Next Generation Ford Focus Design?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #190
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 9 Arco-Zakus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This thread adds balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_HedgeHog View Post
SMH...
I was trying to imply how dumb continuing this thread is. ...
I disagree. I was interested in the Mk3 Focus from the first photo I saw of it. The more I learned about it the more I liked. I wanted a 2012, but have learned the hard way (several times) of the risks in buying the first year of a newly designed model from any manufacturer. Rather than let my enthusiasm override my skepticism yet again, I came to focusfanatics to do some homework.

The bad news from owners dealing with grinding DCT's, wierd MFT behavior, wandering steering, clunky front suspension, shredded front door rubber seals, and so on was pretty discouraging. Often when anyone posts in those threads that they are not having the same problems, some who are accuse them of minimizing the problems and chase them off. This thread is a good place for the positive comments. I appreciate the balance.

What would be more useful would be some objective measure of how many cars have which problems, kinda' like Consumer Reports does by surveying their subscribers. I'm not ambitious enough to attempt that with focusfanatics users, but it would be useful if anyone else is. Until then, this might be the best we have.

NEVER MIND. I was thinking about the "I LOVE my 2012 Ford Focus 100% whoo hoo thread!!" with these comments, not this one. You're right about the name for this thread being obsolete.

Last edited by Arco-Zakus; 03-30-2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread