View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #7
DerrekForreal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53921
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Hatchback - 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 DerrekForreal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dealership called today, "Cannot hear any noise, had three people look at it, possible (the weather) is too warm to hear it".

When I asked what will happen the next winter when the throw out bearing is making noise in the cold weather again, but my warranty is expired, the reply was: "did you buy an extended warranty?" Me: "No" Dealership: "you should".

Seriously? Trying to sell me something when instead you should be fixing my car? Not impressed, not at all.

Also not impressed that the 'loaner car' tried to kill me (2012 Focus SFE, Automatic). I was trying to pull out into traffic, stepped on the gas pedal, car revs up to 3500 rpm's, goes nowhere...as soon as I let off the gas pedal, it slammed into gear and threw me into traffic...I had to immediately slam on the brake to avoid hitting anyone. (This is on top of the fact that it constantly shifts when driving, jerks & bucks when in reverse (or going slow forward), etc. I can understand why anyone with a new automatic transmission is SO pi$$ed off!)

Guess I will schedule another appointment for the EXACT same issues when I go pick the car up later. My plan is to keep bringing it in until the issue is resolved. (It sucks to do, as the dealership is 30 min each way - 1 hour round trip). I was really hoping for better customer service from Ford.