Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Clutch noise question
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #6
DerrekForreal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53921
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Hatchback - 5 speed

Points 946, Level 16
Points: 946, Level: 16 Points: 946, Level: 16 Points: 946, Level: 16
Level Up 46% Completed
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DerrekForreal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Sounds good, DerrekForreal. Let us know how the appointment goes.

Crystal
Brought car in, dealer claims they cannot hear any noise (really?!). I hear it every morning I start the car - and the noise has been identified by others at the throw out bearing. Which is apparently not an uncommon issue with this car.

I also hear a metal on metal squeaking/rubbing noise from the suspension on bumpy/rough roads (it makes the noise while driving in the dealership lot - I heard it); yet they cannot seem to hear this noise either.

I asked them to keep it an additional day and listen for the clutch noise again this morning. I also told them I would take them for a ride and point out the suspension noise.

Very frustrating - as I do not have the best hearing, and can easily hear both of these noises - why the dealership cannot is beyond me. Mostly I feel like they just don't want to make any repairs under warranty.

Hopefully they call back today with better news.