Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - has anyone seen this?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #32
mildc3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 76504
What I Drive: 2007 blue sedan

FF Reputation: 1 mildc3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
wow i got the item within 5 days, pretty fast considering its from china. so here it is.

it was fairly packed and all, i mentioned its painted to whatever color you want, but i dont think its factory color codes, because my black is just plain black, anyways couldnt wait to install it and immediately ran into issues.
i found a crack maybe from shipping or from factory at the third brake light area, upper right if your looking at it. maybe an inch length.

the third brake light didnt want to fit in as its supposed to so i had to trim a little bit of the spoiler material itself, and also the brake light. its maybe 1mm total and it worked( lighter area)

also when i was installing everything back the rear washer rubber hose appeared to be too short, i was almost gonna go out and buy some( it only needed to be extended about 2 inches until i noticed that there is enough slack from the body to hatch( when you open the hatch and look at the washer line in between so that did the trick and voila everythings in

all in all from this experience you do get what you pay for. it was $200 shipped and painted. the material is somewhat more brittle and not as maleable and tuff as the factory as i was literally enlarging the third brake light mounting holes a little bit to ease screwing the hardware on, i heard a bit of cracking. fit is not bad either except the sides have about 1/8"-1/4" of unnoticeable gap compared to factory fit. you only notice it when you really look close.

so after all this im sort of dissapointed but at the same time i can live with it considering its basically half of what youll end up paying when goind oem plus paint. paint is just plain black and by the looks of it just one coat. im not sure about the 3D carbon one as i havent seen any up close pictures or anyone here rocking them. by the way the spoiler is very light, lighter than the stock, i know i mentioned the lowe quality material but hey it works. hope this helps anyone thinking about getting this. i jsut finished installing this and its already dark out so ill take a picture or the whole back tomorrow when its sunny. thanks!