Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #1280
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Points 9,768, Level 66
Points: 9,768, Level: 66 Points: 9,768, Level: 66 Points: 9,768, Level: 66
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
The fenders line up on my car already. :D Okay soooo more updates, I have a feeling this may get long.

Ryan just left, this is his last week of work so he has alot going on. We havent really been able to talk about when we might be able to paint it or work on it together, plus I had questions on the bumper. I didnt really know what to do. So here is the plan. I am going to keep working with the RS collections replica bumper and get it to work. *APPLAUSE* lol. Anyone remember when I hit my moms focus wagon right before they totaled it? That dent is still there, it really isnt fixable. It made the end of the fender pop out, and I want everything perfect. So I just ordered a new fender, already primered. It was $60, but all my ebay sales paid for it so its no biggy. If I had the time I would have scouted out some euro fenders. haha Tomorrow I am going to shave down the plastic shrouding in front of the bumper, I need to relocate my ooga horn also. Its sitting where the fogs need to go. Then I have to go to the post ofice and ship ebay stuff, then run to work, while im at work I have to plan out a trip for ryan, my dad, ryans dad, and me. We are going to land between the lakes next weekend (offroading place) and I havent really planned anything....lol THEN on top of all of that, my uncle is having surgery for cancer, so I have family coming in town this weekend, so this weekend has been canceled out for any car modding unless my cousin wants to. Monday and tuesday I have work, but I will bust out the dremmel and grind down the area where the turn signals go when I have the time. Then I might have to actually cut down the signals themselves to fit perfectly flush...The quality of this bumper is rather crappy, there is extra parts from where the mold was, that makes the plastic clip for the bumper to attach to the fender be way off. I also have to use the dremmel for around the foglight holes, the fitment is off there too, not to mention I need to make some brackets for the fogs. Have I mentioned how much work this bumper is?! hahaha It will be worth it. After all of that, I have to fiure out a way to make two new mounts for the middle of the bumper...the company that made it didnt make mounts for those two. Anyways hopefully by then my fender will be in, and on wednesday I can do that and sand. Ryan has off wednesday, thursday and friday, so wednesday and thursday I will be working on sanding the car all day and making everything perfect. Thennn that friday saturday and sunday I will be at land between the lakes. here is the tricky part. That means I will have Monday-Saturday to paint my car, and thats it. Technically yes, if the weather isnt 70 and not rainy I could paint it the week after, but ryan will be gone. He leaves that weekend, on the 14th. Also, FX is having its first meet of the year on the 13th, but if I have to I can take the jeep down there or some other car.

DID YOU GET ALL THAT?! Good. So I may not be on as much the next few weeks, I will try to update every night what Ive been doing, even if its small. :D I can't wait for this to be all done!
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme #13 || Zetec Crew #377 || Rally Revolution #4
September 2014 ROTM