Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How to install an Air Bag Delete in 30 minutes
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #82
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

Points 7,158, Level 56
Points: 7,158, Level: 56 Points: 7,158, Level: 56 Points: 7,158, Level: 56
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 10 Blue5ive Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I would say front airbags are more of a second measure of defense in case the seatbelt doesn't work properly or fails. Also been in a severe accident going from 50 to 0 in a split second. Seatbelt did its job and when the airbag went off I didn't even hit the airbag so in that one instance its deployment was useless. Most of the adults who get hurt from airbags is because they sit to close to the steering wheel. I see this all the time but especially with woman. They are so close that the airbag hits them b4 the seatbelt can even do its job. If people would learn the correct distance to sit from the steering wheel it wouldn't be such an issue. And unfortunately airbags going off alone can cause a car to be totaled out when otherwise it wouldn't have. Now side airbags are another story. I've thought about removing my driver one to put in a different steering wheel but decided not to just in case. As far as the passenger side goes I would like to remove that one and get a delete pocket if I can find one. I hardly ever have a passenger in the car anyways.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."