Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Which cars would you buy 'just because'?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
RedComet
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99232
What I Drive: TB '14 Fiesta ST

Points 2,564, Level 30
Points: 2,564, Level: 30 Points: 2,564, Level: 30 Points: 2,564, Level: 30
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 RedComet Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Which cars would you buy 'just because'?

I think we've all had that moment.

You know, you're on the road, cruising, or more likely, stuck in traffic, and ahead, or behind, or to the side of you is a car that makes you go, "You know, even if I didn't need it, I'd love to have one of those. It looks/sounds/drives/whatever so cool/well/etc". You know what I'm talking about. Maybe it's not your favorite kind of car, but if you weren't totally in love with what you were already driving (like most of us here are), you'd give it a shot, or maybe recommend it to someone you know, or damn, you'd just like to test drive one for the hell of it.

Doesn't have to be sporty, or a luxury car. Just one of those cars that always makes you go, "Damn, not bad. That's a decent car."

Me? I continually hear myself saying this about the Honda Fit. I'm not sure I'd ever buy one with my own money, but if one dropped out of the sky and found its way to me, I'd be way more excited than anyone should be over an A-segment hatch. I also feel this way about the new Escape. Not really my thing...but I definitely wouldn't feel awful owning one, either. The new Fusion, too. I don't like midsize sedans, but that one ticks EVERY single box, except for a lack of a manual in the Titanium trim. A friend of mine bought one, and I'm really hoping I'll get to drive it at some point.

Kay - HN#79
'14 Fiesta ST Tux. Blk. 6MT, COBB Stg. 1
Gone: '12 Hatch SE Sport MTX75

V - Power* Junkie