Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Zx3_bmxrider's Mild Mannered Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #1278
zx3_bmxrider
Meh.

Fan#: 84231
What I Drive: 2001 Pitch Black ZX3

Points 9,768, Level 66
Points: 9,768, Level: 66 Points: 9,768, Level: 66 Points: 9,768, Level: 66
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 9 zx3_bmxrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Small update. Its been snowy and too cold to do anything. I finally got to drill the holes for the new bumper today. But i mgetting really discouraged, the curve for the plastic bracket to mount the bumper to the fender isnt the same curve. So it kinda lines up weird. The turn signals werent even drilled all the way. I had to drill those holes also, and the turn signals arent even lining up right. They stick out form the bumper a quarter of an inch I would say, so im not sure what to do. The foglight holes are a bit too small, the company forgot to put holes for mounts in the middle. Soooo I am just debating on selling it, im a bit nervous it may look a little too "fast and furious" for me. lol I am debating on just using the stock bumper and shaving the trim lines in it. You know the lines that go from the turn signals up to the front of the bumper? Those, I would fill them in so it looks cleaner and its something different. Plus that way I can use the lip I have. But, idk, I was looking forward to this new bumper all winter. Nobody has them because they seem to be pretty rare. lol Ill give it a few days and see what my buddy thinks, if all those problems are really worth it. But in the mean time, I sanded all my trim and sideskirts and all that stuff down today. It is going to be 63 saturday, im debating on painting all the small stuff and just putting it inside to dry...not sure yet though. Ill keep you all updated as I do anything else. :)
Hatch Nation #92 || FocusXtreme #13 || Zetec Crew #377 || Rally Revolution #4
September 2014 ROTM