Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Oil Leak: Dealer said Ford stated This is NORMAL
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #119
kpblasko
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112275
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 kpblasko Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My girlfriend's 2012 Focus has been experiencing the exact issues noted in this thread for several months now- a pretty awful grinding noise between shifts, clunky upshifts, vibration, etc. Probably started within the last 5,000 miles or so. She was off work today and took it into the dealer. I armed her with a lot of the knowledge from this thread, as well as the TSB describing the oil leak issue.

They did try to feed her some BS about any clunkiness and noise in the transmission being normal and due to the efficient nature of the DCT. Not sure my eyes ever rolled so hard. They told her they would reprogram the TCM and see if that helped. Based on what I'm seeing here, it seems the answer is no. I had her tell them to check for the fluid leak between the engine and bell housing, so I'm hoping they find something.

Crystal, if the dealer ends up uncooperative in getting this issue resolved, can I go ahead and shoot you a PM? These problems are totally unacceptable for a 2012 car with only ~20,000 miles that has been utterly babied.