Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - !! FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust After 10 months !!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #43
maalox
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105436
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 maalox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picoletray View Post
IDK, IDK, and IDK. lol. Most company's don't do mod's at all, I doubt they are cutting deals on the extra work involved with the double resonator.

Interestingly, at 75+ MPH i beleive there is a flaw. I hear wind turbulance under the car. The factory exhaust system tucks up perfectly into the raceway that ford built into the car and the oem parts are more aero with tapered edges. The fswerks system is a pipe welded to a larger cylinder with no taper, and I am becoming convinced that is the sound I'm hearing at those high speeds. It's mild, not loud, but it's there. I'm not sure if that is normal, but I might be adding some tapers to test it all out...maybe.

The plus side is that car is over 1500 miles now and my mpg has hit 35 average.
That may not be the exhaust. I had a noise coming from under the car at that speed as well, which the dealer diagnosed as a loose exhaust heat shield. I haven't heard a thing since that was corrected. My car is stock, but it's possible one of the shields on yours came loose during the exhaust install. Just something to check.