Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SuperFocus
Thread: SuperFocus
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
DarwinSays
Focus Addict

Fan#: 35941
What I Drive: 2004 SVT Silver / EAP / CWP

Points 1,382, Level 20
Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20 Points: 1,382, Level: 20
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 DarwinSays Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konacus View Post
Good point.....And with weight reduction all I have to do is remove the back seats and spare tire. lol Right now I've got some Hankook Ventus V2 Concepts on it. I wouldn't say they are made for gripping tight corners, but they do have some pretty good grip. I wonder if it would be illegal to remove the hatch and doors and drive around like that. The through wind would even help clean out my car. haha

BTW, I forgot to mention that the Cobra guy is about to get a procharger for it. :'(
You can also remove interior trim, front passenger seat, do a rear battery conversion, AC delete (if you don't mind running without) and so on.
running without doors and hatch might lighten the car, but it'll destroy aero (and your top speed with it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChnCDaFieD View Post
Youd better hurry. Any opinions on max hp rating for zetec. Only stipulation would be passing the easiest state inspection and not spilling my coffee all over the place at idle.
For max zetec hp, you'll be looking at 2.3L stroker conversion, cams, boost and a lot of other odds and ends. I've seen a few foci on youtube pushing over 400hp this way. I have a stroker co-op thread open in this subforum at the moment actually, if interested. Three days left before I give up on the co-op til next year, assuming I don't just buy all 3 kits myself.