Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - If you DCT issues, this will interest you...
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 AM   #12
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 9 Arco-Zakus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Multiple saved shift profiles for the DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spektrum2 View Post
I think they missed the boat.It should have a "teach mode"you start the program do a drive in select shift with shifts your comfy with hit save and thats it period.Maybe have 3 or 4 styles you program and save and away ya go,change them anytime you want,play with them for enconomy etc.Seems to me they have this big convoluted learning program trying to average this and that....just tell it what you want seems easier to me
You took the words right out of my mouth. (Actually, off of my fingertips.) The electric seats in my wife's car have something like this, why not a transmission, too?

The answer is that our government (EPA) does not trust us to do it "right" and get high enough average mpg. I think for every lead foot winding it up to redline there would be another gas miser doing the geezer style to max fuel economy, and it would balance out overall.

Even the same driver at different times might switch between those extremes, depending on whether he/she is late for work or coming home from the dentist with a numb jaw. I guess that's too much freedom for some folks in the government to tolerate.