Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2008-2011 Projector Retrofit Guide: Morimoto Mini H1
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #39
A7xschecter6661
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98263
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 A7xschecter6661 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarderSauce View Post
Ya I think there are two but I just can't seem to remember how they are attached to the housing. There are no threads that come out of the housing for them to attach to, just empty space between the chrome reflector and the black plastic.

Not that I am assembling them just yet but I was trying to figure it out before I get there.

On a different note, I asked duplicolor customer service if I could use their CP199 clear adhesive promoter for Metalcast and Engine Enamel paint. I thought their response was a bit comical:

Mike,

Thank you for contacting Dupli-Color. We appreciate your inquiry.

The Adhesion Promotor can be used prior to the Engine Enamel and the Metalcast Paint, however, I cannot legally recommend painting your headlights. If you do you are doing so on your own accord and we will not offer any product guarantee for this project.

I hope you found this information helpful. Please email me back if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Had you mentioned you were tearing them apart, putting projectors in and painting the reflectors which would no longer be needed I think the response would be different. I think they might think you are painting the outside of the lights LOL

The adhesion promoter can basically be used for anything. By the way, the metalcast paint will only work over chrome or the metalcast base coat.

Are you painting it with metal cast and using engine enamel clear over it or what?