Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Removing a Headlight, Rocket Science is a piece of piss compared to this!!
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #19
gaz12321
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110937
What I Drive: 2004 TDCi Sport Blue/Purple

FF Reputation: 1 gaz12321 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
Pic 7.3, thinking 8 mm. head. On your back looking up, no need to remove any major parts.

ALL cars are built like this now, what you don't like on one will be better on another but other things you will hate even more. The result of CAD design which allows parts to fit in miniscule places they couldn't be designed to before. Try working on imports, no better.
While i'm sure that works on most Focus models, the sport is different as I stated already in this thread if you get under the car and look up the whole of the under carriage is covered and all you can see is plastic.

With this model you have to remove the wheel to access the screws required to loosen the fender liner enough to reach up and undo the required bolt.

The frustrating thing is that the bolt is unnecessary, it doesn't strengthen the security of the light cluster hence why I left it out, the light will not come out if it has just the top 2 bolts. Why didn't Ford just make it with 3 bolts on the top side like other manufacturers i've had experiences with?

Anyway, it's done now.