Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - ST Base Model Seats?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #38
FlankerDFR
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90863
What I Drive: 2013 Blk ST2

FF Reputation: 1 FlankerDFR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRAPTRR View Post
Only reason I ask is because although the Recaro's "look" awesome to me in the pictures... once I sat in them, I knew I couldn't live with them for a daily driver. The bolstering is so aggresive, I felt very uncomforatble in them.
I've got the black and blues in my ST2. Best looking seats I've ever owned. Too bad the comfort isn't commensurate with their looks! I'm 6' 2" and weigh 175lbs, so I'm not exactly the "incredible bulk". The Recaros are too bleeping tight from my hips to 2/3 of the way to my knees, The backs on the seats fit just fine. I've been told the thigh bolsters can be bent in or out (guess which way I'll be bending mine), if you take the seats out of the car and remove the covers/padding. I'm looking to find out if that's true; once the weather here warms up more.

The seats in the 2012 Focus SE/Sport, I traded in on the ST were more comfortable (due to the ST's overly tight thigh bolsters).