View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 06:02 PM   #27
maalox
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 105436
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE 5dr

FF Reputation: 1 maalox Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I did this install this weekend in my 2012 SE 5-Door. Thanks to those of you who did the leg work on this. Since there have been some questions about the wiring aspect, I thought I'd add pictures of the factory connector that is indeed glued to the top of the headliner.

After removing the original visor as shown above, take the door seal loose, and gently pull up on the a-pillar trim. It will pop up about 1/2-3/4", do not try to remove it completely. This will allow you to access the plug for the Homelink visor that is glued to the top of the factory headliner. The plug is black and red plastic. Just pull up firmly with your fingers, and it will come loose. You'll need to feed it through the larger hole in the headliner where the visor mounts. I didn't take a picture of this, as it's pretty self-explanitory. Plug the new Homelink sunvisor in and open the mirror cover. If the mirror lights come on, you're good to go. Visor installation is the reverse of removal. Programming instructions are in the owner's manual. I'd say total time for this, including programming Homelink to your garage door opener, will take the average person around 30 minutes. The only tools you need are a T20 Torx and a pocket flathead or small pick.

Last edited by maalox; 03-27-2013 at 08:14 AM.