Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Do You Want an ECU Tuner for the Mk III NA Focus?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #45
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedComet View Post
I've no idea why you can't vote in the poll? There might be a 100 minimum post limit or something on this board, no idea.

Intake and exhaust are totally safe on this car without a tune.
I like polls, maybe when I read the rules I will know, till then, don't care. Information first as long as I am not an a55, I should be OK.

Are they? I suppose they are but I am wary. Some posters made it seem as if there was not enough leeway in the air/fuel mixture to support even the air filter/intake upgrade, mentions of 13.1 were sited although I am not schooled enough yet to quantify the numbers (in my day, head being hit by ball peen hammer was the standard). Others seem to be running a header, 'intake' and cat back exhaust opened to 2.5" from the original 2.x(not sure) and seem to be fine except that some run 93/94 Octane. I'm "sure" that all will be well BUT.

I want an 'intake' which seems to be what you guys call it, a filter and box is what I used to know it as but the K&N unit is not emissions certified in MA (tree hugging scum) and no other unit seems to have it listed that I have yet seen, something to do with Kalifornia standards (PNEV sp or some such crap)

Nevertheless, It's coming whether the 'inspection guards' like it or not, I just haven't decided what unit to install yet (subterfuge may be involved/required) but the oil bypass unit mounting is first and the machinist at work says he will fab a bracket for me for a suitable price. Hopefully, he can look at it Monday, I work 2nd shift hence the late posts.

P.S. I like your posts.