Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Interior Door Grab Handles Bubbling
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Tubeway Army
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111167
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Lemon

Points 2,284, Level 28
Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28 Points: 2,284, Level: 28
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 0 Tubeway Army Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfire View Post
Do you use hand lotion or hand sanitizer?

Trim like this has been an issue since about 2007 from VW to Ford to Hyundai, etc. The manufacturers that make it for the auto industry claim lotions and sanitizers cause the finish to break down. Also, the oil in some people's skin is more damaging than others. If you take your car to ford, they will have to take pictures and send them to Ford for authorization. If Ford approves it and they replace them, they most likely will do it again unless their is action on your end to prevent it.
I know what your talking about but that's not it, I got the car 3 weeks ago, it was built last month. I have not used any lotions, sunscreen or etc or cleaned the car interior with any cleaners. I looked at it again this morning and it's not bubbling like I thought but fish-eyed instead. Basically when it was painted, or if it's an applique (not sure at this point?) there was some contamination. When I run my fingers over it, it feels like tiny craters not smooth. It's superficial and small/cosmetic thing but its' a new car.

It's an easy fix, I do not know how the part comes off, guessing it snaps on? I would just order it myself and replace it without bothering with the dealer.

Tried taking a picture with my smart phone in macro mode but it's not the best quality. The bright specks are the fisheye pits.

Last edited by Tubeway Army; 03-24-2013 at 01:27 PM.