felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 52 felixthecat Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldurs390 View Post
so i love driving my focus as most of us on here do. i take some road trips to upstate new york to visit my girlfriends family, and once a year we take a drive up to canada. i have had my fswerks header sitting in a box waiting for the weather to get a little nicer to install it. as i was driving home from work this morning i was wondering about the header and road trips. will having the header installed and driving for say 8 hours in a day at 70+ mph hurt my car?
No you won't have any issues. I'd install it w/ the exhaust system your going to run= I recommend the stealth muffler at the least w/ a 2.5'' system. Start it up drive it around & enjoy the power & then let it sit & cool down then check the header bolts including the flex. I bought a ford replacement gasket & found the original gasket was better & used that & returned the one I bought. I would recommend 2 mufflers & a resonator. FYI= 2 yes two stealth mufflers fit behind your flex, one after the other & get a resonator next to the fuel tank. I have a Borla & moved the Borla muffler behind the stealth. It fits & the Borla muffler is longer then the stealth. If I didn't have a Borla exhaust, I'd use two stealth mufflers. Do you have a tune that turns off the egr & rear 02 senser? I hate having parts = specialey aftermarket parts just sit there. I'm dieing to install them. There are saying= ''Get up & install me'' LOL
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131