Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Fords Alan Mulally on MFT and Dual Clutch
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 12,237, Level 72
Points: 12,237, Level: 72 Points: 12,237, Level: 72 Points: 12,237, Level: 72
Level Up 47% Completed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaFan View Post
Associated Press, question to President of Ford Motor Company Alan Mulally......
Alan, I was hoping that you could quickly discuss the Consumer Reports ranking . I know we have heard time and time again from Ford that you are fixing the issues with MyFord Touch. You are fixing the transmissions but it just still seems that consumers are giving you pretty hard knocks for those problems and I'm wondering what you are going to do?

Alan Mulally - Ford Motor Company - President & CEO
I think that clearly it's disappointing although we really do know the issues as you know and in some of them, especially the ones that are really contributing to the latest report, is led by not so much SYNC but the MyFord Touch on the information and entertainment side and also the new six-speed fuel efficient transmissions that we know what needs to be done on the redesign of those.

We have a number of the fixes already in on both. We have more to come and as you know, it takes time to go through the product line. So what the customers are saying and the feedback we've gotten with the new technology is really important to us and we're going to continue to continuously improve them going forward.
Basicly Mulally needs mpg out of these cars & has engineers to deal w/ that & this is their product. Seems like they= Ford needs to cut loose of a few bean counters, huh? Would you pay a extra 1000. to get a real DGS trans that works, Say like the VW one?
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131