Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Excess Front-end Vibration
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
brumar59
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111714
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 brumar59 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I tried to get an audio clip of the exact noise but there's a lot of interior vibration because of my problem, so it's not very clear.

Steve O, when you say pull the CV out, do you mean disconnect the axle from the wheel hub and spin the hub? Or something else? Just want to be clear on your suggestion. Thanks.

As I have mentioned, I noticed the axle doesn't appear to spin true, it has a slight wobble on the half-shaft just before the boot at the back of the wheel hub and the wheel feels solid as far as the wheel bearings go, but ya never know. If it's any part of the axle causing this (CV joint, bent axle, carrier bearing, etc) I'll just replace the whole axle at a cost of about $65, no biggie. But if it's the wheel bearing, I haven't noticed it to be bad in any way I can detect. The main reason I suspect it's the axle is because of the wobble I have seen and the CV joint clicking I have heard on occasions. I've been trying to whip around left turns to try and make the sound come back just to confirm, but haven't been able to yet.

Additional suggestions are very welcome! Thanks guys.