Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Welcome Newbies To FF
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #1868
BlueJay42
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111833
What I Drive: 2012 Kona blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 BlueJay42 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey everybody,

Just purchased a used 2012 candy blue 5dr SEL. My first hot hatch.
I must admit I had wanted a Mini Cooper for a long while but after shopping around the Focus is SO much more bang-for-the-buck.

For the last ten years I havent owned a car that didnt have the support of an online community. A Google web search popped this site and it didnt take much reading to realize this is an avid group of gearheads, so is there a better place to be?

I also have the long standing habit of naming my cars, hence my screen name "BlueJay" which will soon grace the license plate of my Focus. I've only had the car two days, but I cant imagine how a Mini could possibly have been more fun to drive. I love all the toys the car is equipped with (still learning!) but more than that is the feel of driving an adult go-kart.

I'll be using the car for daily commute chores but I also hope to take it out to play for the occasion road course track day. Maybe a 2nd set of wheels/tires just for that. I'm also a big believer in slotted rotors and how much braking power they add. Aside from a subtle exhaust mod (give me nice tone but nothing loud) and replacement K&N air filter, I dont think I'll be leaning toward any heavy engine mods. Reliability and maint will be the order of business there.

Thanks in advance for the info I'm sure you will provide, and I look forward to miles of smiles in my new toy.