View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #29
Jdevaney89
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111807
What I Drive: 2003 Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 Jdevaney89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Due to seeing this thread im now a member here, what a bloody help this was! Had to do it twice though, firstly i saw a leak and managed to somehow make it worse!

So we took the pump out by dropping the engine and replaced it with the rubber and some sealant which we thought would work, put it all back together, filled the car with coolant first (big mistake) which leaked all over the driveway.

So we went and bought a new pump and fit it again but i managed to turn the pump around and wiggle it out of the engine bay and managed to get the new pump back up the same way! So the second repair went much easier and faster than the first which was awesome!

The leak was coming from the bearing that the pulley attaches too, what an absolute bloody joke the thing is though the receipts that i had with the car said it had its pump changed as part of its MOT back in january which was a shambles as it wasnt new AT ALL!

I managed to get a new pump for the car for less than 20 and the receipt showed the pump at 35 second hand? Weird although i dont care as its now done and complete!

But yeah thanks again, much appreciated!