Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - The ultimate upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #25
PandT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110640
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
There are S and SE models without Cruise Control or fog lights. I had an SE with no fogs, put on all the factory harness and lights, and they didn't work because of programming. Rather than do this simple reprogram with the VCM (bypassing the step inputting the VIN) and adding fogs, they refunded my money on the SE and sold me a Titanium instead, losing most if not all of their profits on those cars. It's just insanity that they won't just program these "add ons" for people who want them. I think the ultimate accessory is the ability to add OEM equipment to a base model car at one's own pace (as money comes available, for example) and there is probably a way to make it happen. It's called Capitalism. Find a market and fulfill the need and reap the rewards.
Oh, me like this idea...

Maybe Sonics buddy will come through but if it were easy the tuners would have done it by now. On a side note, it may be the Chinese and the Russians who get the press on hacking but don't forget those Iranian enrichment plants that WE did. We also have some smart programmers and I am wondering why this has never been done, to my knowledge at least.

There are some deleted 'features' in the 2013 models that I would like to play with as long as a revert to 'as supplied' option was there for when I lose 2nd gear or the alarm goes off when I hit Start.