Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Aftermarket rear valance PLEASE!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #68
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

Points 556, Level 11
Points: 556, Level: 11 Points: 556, Level: 11 Points: 556, Level: 11
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
Is it just me or does any other American get pissed to see an American auto maker put all the bells and whistles on foreign models while giving the home crowd the shaft? They took away the auto dimming mirror and rain sensing wipers for 2013, and we don't even have a chance to buy the lane departure, BLISS, DRLs, or head lamp washers, they even get the Duratec engine cover, which Ford removed saying it made the engine run hot. If that's the case why would you put it on vehicles in a tropical climate? But yet the vehicle price is unchanged for the American market. I mean really, WTF Ford! You even give the foreign markets a finished, cut out rear valence and decent exhaust tip. We get a sorry looking, hidden, plain turn down tip that looks like it should be on a Kia or Hyundai. Now after we spent $23K and up for our cars, we get to pay more $$$ to make it look finished and add back things you took away. I'm sorry, but this kind of behavior from a U.S. auto maker is totally unacceptable. The more of this I see, the madder it makes me.
I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I think it's fairly common for automakers to offer a lot of equipment/features to drum up interest in the first model year of a new vehicle then trim back to save costs.

Side note, when did Ford say the engine cover made the car run hot?