Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - $200 steeda short ram,custom short ram...priceless!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #162
Duhamel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78883
What I Drive: 2009 Silver SES

Points 620, Level 12
Points: 620, Level: 12 Points: 620, Level: 12 Points: 620, Level: 12
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Duhamel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
I wouldn't do the DIY SRI at all. You start messing around w/ the factory air intake amounts w/out a tune, cutting the tube, siliconing and grinding the MAF bracket etc and the MAF sensor and you are asking for trouble. It may be ok, but you'd be much better off just doing the stealth mod IMO especially with your coolent line issue. Also, notice how people say what a great mod it is, then a week later they're back in there talking about codes, bogging, and all kinds of other problems.
I've been running my custom SRI for almost 2 years, with no issues whatsoever, none. No codes, no bogging, I have all the benefits of a $200 Steeda, only mine cost around $40 for the cost of the filter. The thing is, if it is done right, it will work right. I did months of research on the topic to make sure I had ALL the information and was comfortable with cutting my only MAF tube. The MAF location is the same, so no silicon. Runs great with it on and I change the filter every oil change. I stress though, it needs to be done with patience and all the information required. If rushed and slammed together, it will definitely have issues later on.