Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - EGR Delete???
Thread: EGR Delete???
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #29
Trev FF
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99052
What I Drive: 2000 focus ZX3 SVT

Points 1,637, Level 23
Points: 1,637, Level: 23 Points: 1,637, Level: 23 Points: 1,637, Level: 23
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Trev FF Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
You have to get a tune otherwise you will get an EGR low flow and excessive flow (forget the two codes). This will show that the EGR is not working and also show a check engine light which in all cases I know will cause failure before they even scan.

A Tune will disable the EGR reporting to "NA". Since the emission systems are "universal" and some vehicles have systems that others don't it only "fails" or flags "Not Ready". If it says "NA" or "Ready" then it passes.

Some places also do an engine check along with the ODB II scan. If they have looked at many focus they will be flagged off the bat that your cat has moved. so may take a closer look. if they see things not hooked up that may raise a flag. so if you don't use the EGR then it may be best to remove it completely, or leave it in made to "look" like it is connected.

All depends on how intelligent and out to get you attitude the emission shop employee has. Most people with a Tune never have a problem, however some have (such as my self)
ok thanks. ive been doing alot of research on this.. probly goin to get egr welded in. but the guy that does my inspection i kno him really well, so hed pass it but if it throws a code he cant pass it.. the inspection stuff goes through the computer in NC.