Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - CAT Cams - Who's Actually Done It?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #30
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

FF Reputation: 42 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
So far as I'm reading, I'm the only 1 posting with cams in a SVT'ish. Remember, I'm on reground SVT cams now. No dyno #'s and I honestly can't feel any difference from stock. But according to the specs I was given from Web, they are slightly more aggressive with a little more lift; I had to change lifters to accommodate the new grind as well as use the included valve stem spacers.
Also, I haven't spec'd them yet.

I'll say this again though, according to what I was told by Web, they have grinds for the SVT. I didn't inquire as to how many or any other spec's. I only cared about what I had in hand.

But with anything N/A, compression will be your best friend. There's a thread describing my build you may want to read, if you haven't already.
On my car, it's very easy to drive. The only time I have problems is very cold starts, below 0*F. But that's only because I haven't spent enough time on the tune that cold,,, remember I'm running Corn.

A good tune, you'll have no problems DDing a built N/A SVT. I'm around 180whp and was DDing it until I cracked a windage tray.
I do advise using a mildly uprated Pressure Plate though, stock clutch disc is fine. Mine slips on hard launches and between fast/hard shifts.