Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Jackson Racing Supercharger
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
number1187svt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30971
What I Drive: 2003 Ford SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 9 number1187svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMENTED SVTF View Post
Turbo is better than powerworks ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..:: sleestak ::.. View Post
^^ get ready to hear more of this. There are a lot of turbo leg-humpers who think there is only one way to build YOUR car. Do what you want and have fun with it. I have a forester that is turbo'd and will be pushing well into the 300's this weekend. I can tell you that there are times I still miss my jrsc. Yeah, not as fast but just different and IMHO a roots blower sounds way cooler.

That said, I installed my JRSC with 88k on the odo and the car was still going strong when I sold it at 160k to a kid who now beats the living piss out of it and it is still on the road.

Some have made a project out of seeing just how much they could eek out of that kit. If you want to go this route, do the BBK and spray water/meth. Cam gears, exhaust and if you really want some fun, get a separate tune and hit it with a 50 shot. I have seen a honda with the jrsc and a 50 shot made a huge improvement.

People go for the JRSC because its easy to install and reliable/maint free. Best of luck.
Man... You know it's funny.
I just noticed this thread got pulled back to life a year ago or so.
I started it back when I was 17 in High School. I'm now 23, a Texas A&M University graduate working as an Engineer and drive a 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 and am about to sell it and get a 2011 GT500....
Wow... times have changed!
I literately just logged on for nostalgic purposes to look at my old ROTM lol (Page 5)

Previous:
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Stage 2
2003 Ford SVT Focus #1187 SVT Squad #314 November 2007 ROTM