mishka
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107408
What I Drive: 13' TB SE Sport Sedan DCT 201A pack

FF Reputation: 1 mishka Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
It's kind of interesting to have watched (read) as you've gone from encouraging the 'Ford believers' to wanting to smash things. That's not meant to be a disparaging remark, just interesting to have watched it occur in 30 days.

I have empathy for those that have issues. While I don't have transmission issues (yet), I am plagued with the clunk. I understand peoples' frustration with having spent their hard-earned money (mine is a nearly fully-loaded Ti) on a vehicle to have to be told that their issues are 'normal' or that they simply need to drive it more. After watching the video and then following the Lemon Law link..

On the positive side, be thankful that you appear to have a decent dealership. They seem to be at least attempting to get your vehicle fixed, and that is a lot more than many of us have gotten. Hopefully all will turn out well for you in the end.
It's funny, Dyn, I was thinking the same thing just before I read your post. I know a few days ago I was saying "have faith." Now i'm really pissed. I guess it's because it was confirmed by the tech (he called me last night) and said I need new clutch system. He told me that would probly be the case, but the stress and frustration didn't kick in until he called last night. The stress is literally making me sick. THe whole reason I bought brand new because I didn't want any problems.
Maybe I am being a little inpatient. Maybe I should chill and give it some more time, at least closer to end of my limited warranty, for Ford to come up with a "fix" or "update" or whatever.
If it is really just a computer/programming issue... they should be able to come up with a fix right?
Anyways, we'll see how this new "clutch system" performs.
Previously I had a computer update.
So far 2 times to dealer: 1 cpu update, 1 new clutch system

we'll see....