Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - The 2012 Window Tint Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #762
Johnny Sticceno
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108460
What I Drive: 2013 Ruby Red Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Johnny Sticceno Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
The big deal cops have with dark tint is when they are approaching your car and can't see what the occupants are doing inside thus making them very nervous. I have past the legal limit tint on all my vehicles and whenever I was pulled over (which was alot in the '90s) I never failed to have my driver's side windows all rolled down and all my papers ready and hands on the wheel which eased the officer into not even discussing my 5% window tint.
Fair enough. Unfortunately not every driver has the forethought to roll down illegally tinted windows so cops can be safe. Also, the safety issues for other drivers/pedestrians still is too much for me. That said, I recognize people think the risk of tickets is worth the tint... I just don't want to hear things like "that g donut eating pig gave me a tint ticket" haha. They're just doing their jobs, it's the people with the illegal tint who decided to break the law! Same reason I don't complain about speeding tickets