Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2013 Focus SE - Check Engine Light
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,276, Level 35
Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35 Points: 3,276, Level: 35
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blainhershberger View Post
Hi,

I had the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake System installed on my 2013 Ford Focus roughly a week ago and experienced no issues until last night after dinner when I returned to my car with that delightful Check Engine Light on (700 miles on the car)...Is it possible that improper installation of the intake has caused this? I have not noticed any abnormal driving experiences but I have noticed that my fuel mileage has not been the greatest. Is it possible that there is a leak (pulled code at Autozone. Error code P0456 indicates 4 different issues: loose fuel cap (car has no cap); EVAP canister broke, hose cracked, or not connected; Purge or vent solenoid defective; and the last and seeming to be most likely cause, Vacuum leak at engine. I do work at a Ford dealership but I was unable to get a mechanic to take a look at it today. I am extremely worried about it doing serious damage to my engine. Could this potentially cause a long term issue and also void the warranty to whatever it may damage?

Thanks
Hi blainhershberger,

Installing or using any aftermarket product will not necessarily void your warranty. However, if the product fails or causes a Ford part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damage(s) are not covered by your warranty. Let me know what your dealer says; if you need my assistance, just let me know.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply