blainhershberger
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 111562
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red SE

FF Reputation: 1 blainhershberger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 Focus SE - Check Engine Light

Hi,

I had the K&N 69 Series Typhoon Intake System installed on my 2013 Ford Focus roughly a week ago and experienced no issues until last night after dinner when I returned to my car with that delightful Check Engine Light on (700 miles on the car)...Is it possible that improper installation of the intake has caused this? I have not noticed any abnormal driving experiences but I have noticed that my fuel mileage has not been the greatest. Is it possible that there is a leak (pulled code at Autozone. Error code P0456 indicates 4 different issues: loose fuel cap (car has no cap); EVAP canister broke, hose cracked, or not connected; Purge or vent solenoid defective; and the last and seeming to be most likely cause, Vacuum leak at engine. I do work at a Ford dealership but I was unable to get a mechanic to take a look at it today. I am extremely worried about it doing serious damage to my engine. Could this potentially cause a long term issue and also void the warranty to whatever it may damage?

Thanks