Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #124
wintrjr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98312
What I Drive: 2006 Blue ZX3 2.0

FF Reputation: 1 wintrjr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Again, nice instructions and pictures

It took me 6 hours to complete my replacement of the CMC. The instructions and pictures really helped me out. I found it to be a moderate PIA to complete, more than I thought after reading it only took a couple of you 1.5 - 2 hours. The lower line in the engine compartment was stuck/rusted in place and took quite a bit of work to get out. I also bought a brake bleeder to complete the job (I did not bench bleed the new MC, I didn't want fluid all over my interior) and it didn't work well for me. After about a half an hour of trying to find the darn bleeder screw that was buried under half a dozen wiring harnesses, I hooked up the bleeder and started drawing a lot of air, a LOT, too much. So, I had my boy pump the clutch and doing it the old fashioned way for about 15 minutes it was complete.

I can't tell you how many times I cursed my big meat hooks!!! It is up and running great now. I bought my part $35 and brake fluid $5 at Auto Zone . . sounds like I saved about $350-$400. Thanks Focus Fanatics!!!!