Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 5-Door tail lamp scratching body
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #222
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Sticceno View Post
I factory ordered my 5 door and it came into the dealer today. When I went to take a look, I saw the tail lamp was rough (chipped, scratchy) and that it was flush against the paint so there would be damage soon enough. When I pointed it out to my salesman he said he'd have his guys look at it, but that he'd never seen/heard of that before. Is there anything I can do to get them to remedy the issue before it causes damage if they all say they don't know what I'm talking about?
Tell them to use their heads ... logic 'should' tell them that hard plastic (hard anything) on paint will wear it away. But then again, we're talking Ford and logic ... doesn't seem to mesh well right now.

I had to put in a warranty claim (which was approved, but only after some paint had been worn off), but even after the 'fix' (replaced tail light), the same issue was there. Took the car in for a routine oil change and the guy just looked at me funny when I said it was the same issue. All he said was that it was fixed. I wanted to punch him right there.

If your dealer doesn't acknowledge, I'd apply a washer or two to the affected tail lights like others have done. That's what I'm going to do when it warms up a bit more here.